You find this module under Administration>Import.
To add a large number of customers, suppliers, products, contacts, leads or more to your database, you can use the Import function.
1) We only support Excel, semi-colon separated. CSV format. – If you need to know how to do this please follow this link
2) It is not possible to connect multiple Excel columns to the same field within 24SevenOffice.
3) Blank columns i.e. columns with headings and containing no data must be removed.
3) Go through the Excel spreadsheet and double check before completing the import(s), we have no facilities for removing data that has been wrongly imported, which may result in a large job for the user.
4) The Excel spreadsheet MUST be in the correct format and with explanatory titles in the heading of each column. Preferable use 24SevenOffice’s naming convention for the column/fields as it eases the mapping exercise later. All columns to be imported must be formatted as text/general. If this is not completed correctly, you will not be able to import data into 24SevenOffice.
- Import field names for Company, End users, and Leads
- Import field names for Contacts
- Import field names for Products and Product categories
- Import field names for updating of existing products
- Import field Names for Repeating Invoice (Subscription Invoicing)
- Import field names for Pricelist
- Import field names for Note
- Import field names for Tasks
- Import field names for Sales opportunities
Example of layout in Excel for importing companies and related contacts. Please note: if there are several contacts added to one customer, you need to repeat the line for the customer for each contact.
Use the terms/labels as contained in 24SevenOffice and described in the Import Field documentation for the different items that can be imported.
How to import?
Import is performed in a few easy steps. In the first screen, choose what you want to import into the database.
In the next screen you select the Encoding of your .CSV-file. If you are unsure, follow the description on the encoding-site.
In the next screen click on the button ‘Select CSV file’, this opens up your Explorer. Navigate to where the file is stored and double click on it.
Then click on “2. Click here to copy selected file to import-server” After the copy process has been completed click on «Next».
In the next screen the system will try to map your column headings to 24SevenOffice fields. The Column headings the system does not recognise i.e. you have not used the System field names; you will need to manually map to the corresponding field.
You can now select to pre-view the data that are to be imported. Please review as this is last chance to cancel the import.
If you are happy with the data and the field names, close the pre-view window.
The rows and columns in your .CSV file will now be imported. You can monitor the progress as the number of completed records (rows) gets updated during the import. If the import was successful you will see a message box with the message”Completed”. Click OK and you can now find the imported records within the system in Company, Contact, and Product etc. depending on the type of data you imported.
Please note! If after reviewing the data within the system you find that this needs redone, you can contact Support and we might be able to delete your complete import. Please note the Import job number, you will find this in top left of the screen as above. If it is to be possible to delete an import, you cannot have made changes to the imported data in the system after the import as this may create errors in your database. So please check and verify the imported data as soon as you have completed the import process just in case an import needs reversing.